We Should Be Supporting Our Nurses
A Government consultation is underway about a proposed new support role to work alongside healthcare assistants and fully-qualified registered nurses.
Focused on ensuring patients continue to get the compassionate care they deserve, the new role would help bridge the gap between health and care support workers who have a care certificate, and graduate registered nurses.
The consultation seeks views on a range of issues, including:
– Principles for the new care role
– Learning outcomes that will need to be assessed to assure quality, safety and public confidence in the proposed role
– Identifying what academic achievement, if any, would be required, alongside practical skills and how this learning should be best delivered
– Looking at whether or not the proposed role should be regulated
– Agreeing the title of this new role which is provisionally nursing associate
NHS full article link: