HOW TO RECOGNISE THE SIGNS OF MENTAL & EMOTIONAL ABUSE ?
Accusing / Blaming / Denial – This behavior comes from an abuser’s insecurities. They create a hierarchy in which they’re at the top and you’re at the bottom.
1) Jealousy – They accuse you of flirting or cheating on them.
2) Deny and deceive – An abuser will deny that an argument or even an agreement took place to make you question your own memory and sanity.
3) Denying their abuse – When you complain about their attacks, abusers will deny it.
4) Goading then blaming – Abusers know just how to upset you. But once the trouble starts, it’s your fault for creating it.
5) Blaming you for their problems – Whatever’s wrong in their life is all your fault.
6) Destroying and denying – They might break your phone or “lose” your car keys, then deny it.
7) Accusing you of abuse. They say you’re the one who has anger and control issues and they’re the helpless victim.
8) Trivialising – When you want to talk about your hurt feelings, they accuse you of overreacting.
9) Using guilt. They might say something like, “You owe me this. Look at all I’ve done for you,” in an attempt to get their way.
10) Saying you have no sense of humor. Abusers make personal jokes about you. If you object, they’ll tell you to lighten up.