ADHD Specialist Independent Prescriber (CAMHS or Adults)
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a full-time locum CAMHS Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Non-Medical Prescriber specialising in CAMHS and ADHD for 8-12 months.
About the position:
This position will be working within the private sector.
This role includes:
- Prescribing effective, appropriate, safe & cost-effective medications acknowledging your own limitations and scope of practice.
- Providing, as part of treatment titration, ongoing assessment, treatment and management of all patients accepted from the internal waiting list onto your own caseload.
- Providing direct clinical judgement and treatment decisions using highly developed skills and knowledge regarding clinical management of adults with ADHD.
- Exercising Independent or Supplementary prescribing rights using accepted guidelines and within clients clinical policies and the RPS Prescribing Framework.
- Ensuring that the patient’s interests are fully considered within the context of their care, actively participating in ethical, shared decision making within the multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Exercising autonomous professional responsibility for decision making within the parameters and expectations of the Titration Team.
- Undertaking risk assessments and review safeguarding needs alongside treatment strategies during ongoing patient care.
- Utilising up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, national and clients policies and other issues relating to ADHD and patient management.
- Accessing regular clinical supervision from an allocated Service Consultant Psychiatrist and within the Titration Team
- First level registered nurse, allied health professional or medical practitioner
- Independent & Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) qualification or Registered General Medical Practitioner.
- Relevant experience of ADHD treatment and management, with at least 1 year of previous working knowledge in a specialist ADHD service.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage own case load.
- Good knowledge of legislation, acts and developments relevant to the field of ADHD services provision.
- Provide support to our Consultant Psychiatrists by taking responsibility, under their direction, for medication initiation and review.
Monitor treatment effectiveness and potential side effects and where appropriate initiate prescribing changes within NICE Guidance (NG87), policies and agreed treatment standards.
- Make independent prescribing decisions in collaboration with the patient and keep the Consultant Psychiatrist informed during the titration process, as required, by keeping contemporaneous records in the electronic clinical record.
- Use internationally recognised and validated screening and monitoring tools, alongside Services monitoring processes to implement excellent standards of patient care and achieve stabilisation of symptoms and treatment optimisation.
- Place an emphasis on informed choice within a patient partnership approach, ensuring full information is given to the patient regarding the medications to be prescribed, following RPS Prescribing Framework standards