Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Non-Medical Prescriber – Band 7/8a
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a full-time locum CAMHS Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Non-Medical Prescriber specialising in CAMHS and ADHD for 8-12 months.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role includes:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with a potential early onset of psychosis diagnosis.
- Clinically assess patient needs with the use of evidence based assessment tools and plan clinical care accordingly.
- Ensure all patients have an active, up to date Care and Treatment Plan (CTP) and implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for patients with varying needs which will include prescribing medication if required.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions.
- Prioritise health problems and liaise with other agencies if appropriate.
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- Utilise and demonstrate sensitive communication styles, to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment.
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality.
- Qualified RMN
- Independent Nurse prescribing qualification
- Experience within CAMHS and ADHD
- Clinical leadership skills
- Management of patients with complex needs and psychosis.
- You will have excellent clinical skills, experience of multi-agency working and delivering family-based interventions, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and autonomously.
to conduct comprehensive assessments of children, young people and their families
- To be able to offer interventions from at least two approaches, e.g. behavioural, systemic, psycho-dynamic etc.
- Ability to work with families who may be aggressive, hostile or emotional.
- Enthusiasm and creative ability to expand on initiatives in the primary mental health team.
- To accept and work with a diverse range of families in a non-discriminatory way.
- To have confidence and ability to inspire others and use own initiative in the development of the primary mental health service.
- To hold a current driving licence and have access to a vehicle.