CAMHS Clinical Nurse Specialist/Triage Co-Ordinator – Band 7
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a full time CAMHS Clinical Nurse Specialist/Triage Co-Ordinator on a locum basis, 3 months contracts offered with the view to extend.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role involves:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Screening/Triaging CAMHS referrals
- Case management
- Risk assessments and risk management
- Initiating planning and reviews of CAMHS Care plans
- Close liaison with schools and other agencies
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in mental health nursing
- Experience: 2+ years working as an RMN within CAMHS community in the UK
- Compliance: Enhanced DBS on the update service, NMC registration, references to cover last 3 years, immunisation history, indemnity insurance, mandatory trainings, right to work in UK etc
- To provide a qualified specialist service to children and young people with mental health problems across all sectors of care as part of a multi-disciplinary CAMHS team.
- To work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service’s policies and procedures
- The post holder will provide a core element of the service for children and adolescents by completing initial assessments and providing case management to young people awaiting treatment.
- The post holder will play an active role in multi-disciplinary discussions and assessments.
- The post holder will provide case management to those young people awaiting treatment whilst contributing to specialist support plans for the care of children and young people with a range of presenting problems.
- Formulate plans for the treatment and/or management of the child/young person’s problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework, and employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy, across the full range of care settings.
- Act as case manager, taking responsibility for initiating planning and review of CAMHS care plans including children and young people, their carers, referring agents and others involved the network of care.
- The post holder will provide advice and consultation to other members of the multidisciplinary team and clinical and performance management supervision to trainees and less experienced professionals where appropriate.