CAMHS Crisis Practitioner – Band 6 and 7
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for full-time locum CAMHS Practitioners specialising in Crisis for 3-6 months with the view to extend.
London \ South Central
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This team is community based, providing home and school based treatments throughout the county. The team also provides acute assessments for young people presenting at the Emergency Department, or admitted to paediatric wards, with mental health issues.
This role includes:
- Being a part of a multi-disciplinary team, working with adolescents with mental health problems living in the local area
- Working long days, nights and weekend shifts
- Qualified RMN with current NMC pin / Social Worker with a current Social Work England Registration
- Minimum of three years post qualifying clinical experience working in CAMHS, 6 months+ experience working in CAMHS Crisis/SPA/CPA/A&E Liaison teams
- To hold a current driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- Compliance: Enhanced DBS on the update service, current NMC pin, references to cover last 3 years, indemnity insurance, mandatory trainings, right to work in UK etc.
- To provide specialist assessments, treatment and short-term interventions for young people aged under 18 suffering from acute and complex emotional, behavioural and psychological issues resulting in mental health problems
- The post holder will provide supportive care management to an allocated group of service users as delegated by the Team Manager, Charge Nurse or agreed registered practitioner
- The post holder will be expected to work in either an acute mental health / Learning Disability Ward or community team in line with service needs
- The post holder will receive clinical supervision as appropriate to their ongoing developmental needs and requirements and partake in reflective practice/training on a regular basis
*Please note, responsibilities are not limited to the above for Band 6 and 7 posts*