CAMHS Crisis Practitioner – Band 7
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for full-time CAMHS Crisis Practitioners on a locum basis, 3 months contracts offered with the view to extend.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role includes:
- Clinical and operational leadership, duty, case discussions, assessment and follow ups of YP who present at A&E in a Mental Health crisis, monitoring of the case load, supervision of staff, leading MDT meetings.
Flexibility to work long days, nights and weekends
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in mental health nursing OR Social Work
- Experience: 1+ years CAMHS triage/SPA/crisis experience within CAMHS in the UK
- Compliance: Enhanced DBS on the update service, current NMC pin, references to cover last 3 years, immunisation history, indemnity insurance, mandatory trainings, right to work in UK etc
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work
- Provide specialist assessments, follow ups and short-term interventions for young people aged under 18 suffering from acute and complex emotional, behavioural and psychological crisis
- The post holder will provide comprehensive and supportive crisis co-ordination to young people experiencing mental health crisis
- Urgent assessments of children, young people, and their families, in crisis. Where appropriate, short term support and evidence based interventions will be provided to manage the crisis and prevent referral to tier 4 services
- Offer comprehensive triage, psychoeducation and support to young people and their caregivers in a crisis situation via a mental health crisis phone line which operates 24/7
- Provide specialist assessments and treatment packages for young people referred to the service
- Maintain effective joint working with the CAMHS Quadrants and other community-based teams according to local circumstances
- Provide emergency assessments to young people presenting at A & E or admitted to a paediatric ward and are experiencing a mental health crisis
- Provide community assessments and 7 day community follow ups
- Provide community intervention packages (e.g. at the client’s home, school and surrounding area, or alternative appropriate locations)