CAMHS Eating Disorder Psychologist
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a full time currently seeking a Band 7 Clinical Psychologist who specialises in CAMHS Eating Disorders on the South Coast on a 6 month locum contract. The client will also consider a Counselling Psychologist for this position.
About the position:
The candidate appointed will work with patients, assessing and determining the causes of the problem, while coming up with a treatment plan that will help the patient deal with the mental or emotional causes of the disorder.
- Hold a doctorate in either Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- HCPC Registered
- The right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience of working within an eating disorders service
- Knowledge of evidence-based models to treat eating disorder e.g. family therapy for eating disorders
- Providing assessments and therapy to children with mild to moderate mental health issues
- To provide specialist interventions to formulations based on conceptual framework, NICE guidelines, evidence from research and wider MDT formulation and interventions
- Working closely with young people to empower and support their recovery journey
- Advocating for young people using the services
- Working closely with external partners including Community based services, social services and other healthcare agencies