CAMHS Eating Disorders Practitioner – Band 6, 7 and 8
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for full-time locum CAMHS Practitioners specialising in Eating Disorders for 6 months with the view to extend.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role includes:
- Providing specialist input and support the needs of this expanding Specialist Eating Disorder Team
- Undertaking assessments and provide specialist nursing interventions and therapeutic interventions to families and children and to carry your own caseload
- Supporting tier referral process as required
- Supporting junior colleagues and the AWT guideline with the team
- Supporting the prevention of tier 4 work
- Qualified RMN with current NMC pin
- Minimum of three years post qualifying clinical experience working in CAMHS, 1+ experience working in CAMHS ED team
- Experience of working with primary health care professionals
- Experience of working with other agencies, e.g. Social Services and Education
- Compliance: Enhanced DBS on the update service, current NMC pin, references to cover last 3 years, indemnity insurance, mandatory trainings, right to work in UK etc.
- Working and delivering family-based interventions, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of children, young people and their families
- Offer interventions from at least two approaches, e.g. behavioural, systemic, psycho-dynamic etc
- Work with families who may be aggressive, hostile or emotional
- Enthusiasm and creative ability to expand on initiatives in the primary mental health team
- To accept and work with a diverse range of families in a non-discriminatory way
- To have confidence and ability to inspire others and use own initiative in the development of the primary mental health service
- To work flexible hours as the need arises
*Please note, responsibilities are not limited to the above for Band 7 and 8 posts*