CAMHS Practitioner – Band 6
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for CAMHS Community Mental Health Nurses for 3 months with the view to extend. Some flexibilities offered with remote working however you will still be required to report into the service.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role includes:
- To provide assessment and therapeutic intervention and / or specific evidence based therapies to children and young people with mental health problems and significant mental health disorders.
- To support parents carers and front line professionals in understanding and supporting the child / young person through providing education, advice and direction on how to manage the condition.
- Qualified RMN with proven experience working within a CAMHS community setting and a passion for delivering the highest level of care.
- Compliance: Enhanced DBS on the update service, current NMC pin, references to cover last 3 years, indemnity insurance, mandatory trainings, right to work in UK etc.
- To provide initial, detailed and specific mental health assessments with children and young people referred to the service and / or specific therapies to children and young people as indicated
- To provide direct and indirect work for children / young people with severe mental health disorders
- To participate in parent, foster carer, adoptive parent and kinship carer support and training groups where indicated
- To provide clinical assessment and therapeutic intervention / therapy in conjunction with wider CAMH Services where appropriate
- To provide risk assessment of a range of potentially harmful behaviours and factors related to mental health disorders or deliberate self-harm
- To provide urgent and emergency assessments for young people and involving Tier 4 services if appropriate
- To provide acute intervention where emergency situations arise in relation to children receiving support from specialist CAMHS
- To promote effective working relationships within the multi-disciplinary team by working collaboratively and jointly with other team members and professionals from other agencies
- To provide advice, consultation and supervision for support staff in school and community settings where appropriate
- To participate in clinical discussion and case review with colleagues
- To effectively manage caseload and develop therapeutic programme and practice including necessary administration
- To promote evidence based practice by applying clinically relevant research and / or teaching of students and multi-agency groups