CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting a full time Band 8a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in working with young people on a 6 month locum contract. The client will also consider a Counselling Psychologist for this position.
About the position:
The post-holder will be working in a community based multidisciplinary team, taking patients from the across the island.
The team provides a service for children and young people with emotional health and wellbeing issues incorporating brief intervention and consultation services as well as specialist assessment and interventions for those with multiple and complex mental health problems.
- Hold a doctorate in either Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- HCPC Registered
- The right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience of working with Children and Young People
- Providing assessments and therapy to children with mild to moderate mental health issues
- To co-ordinate the provision of specialist psychological approaches and provide specialist advice and training to other professions
- To provide specialist interventions to formulations based on conceptual framework, NICE guidelines, evidence from research and wider MDT formulation and interventions
- Working closely with young people to empower and support their recovery journey
- Advocating for young people using the services
- Working closely with external partners including Community based services, social services and other healthcare agencies