Critical Care Nurse – Band 5 and 6
CAMHS Professionals are working in partnership with a respected NHS Trust in West London, our client has a supportive and warm working culture, and they are in search of nurses to join their Intensive Care Unit team to help cover ad-hoc shifts and block bookings. This role consists of both day and night duties.
About the position:
This position will be working within the NHS.
This role includes:
- Assessing patients
- Providing care/support
- Developing risk assessments
- Administering medication
- Managing patient documents
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in Adult Nursing
- Experience: minimum of 12 months Clinical experience within an Acute High Dependency or Intensive Care setting
- Skill: Familiar with basic physiology and have a theoretical knowledge base for acute nursing, including mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapies, advance haemodynamic monitoring, and knowledge on routine medication administered in Intensive Care Settings
- Compliance: NMC registration, up to date DBS, Right to Work in the UK
- Travel: Be willing to travel into Central London
- Conducting telephonic triage medical assessments and providing clinical advice
- Facilitating medical referrals/admissions/transfers that are required
- To prioritise nursing care, recognise deterioration in a patient’s condition and escalate
- Able to assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs
- Communicate effectively with dignity and respect to patients, relatives, staff, and others giving consideration to potential barriers to understanding.
- Deliver on individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, ensuring the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation is in line with evidence base practices.