Dietitian (Eating Disorders)
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a registered Dietitian (band 6) for an adults eating disorder service based in Surrey. The post holder will be joining a well-established and supportive multidisciplinary team across our outpatient and day care facilities for adults (18 years+) with moderate to severe eating disorders.
About The Position:
The main responsibilities of the post holder will include dietetic consultation and nutritional education to both individuals and groups, assessments of new patients to the service, care planning and care coordination and providing dietetic advice and education to members of the MDT and other services.
- HCPC Registered
- The right to work in the UK
- Prior NHS experience as a band 6
- Prior experience handling eating disorders patients
- To adhere to the HCPC Standards of conduct, performance, and ethics
- Take responsibility for maintaining accurate and timely records of all work undertaken in accordance with trust policies and legal requirements.
- Be part of the multidisciplinary eating disorders team, participating in the provision of assessments, care planning and treatment of adults with eating disorders and attending regular meetings to discuss care.
- Liaison with acute hospitals, specialist eating disorder units and other services to ensure effective and safe patient care.
- To receive clinical supervision with another member of the dietetic and/or eating disorders team and accept support and guidance as appropriate.
- To plan own workload within the parameters of responsibility and to seek advice when required.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information using methods appropriate to age, ability and culture.
- Ensure high standards of care are provided, and that regard to dignity, individuality, self-esteem and wellbeing of individuals and their carers are given.
- To provide dietetic consultation and education to adults with moderate to severe eating disorders and their carers/loved ones.
- To provide dietetic advice and education to members of the multidisciplinary team and other services as required.
- Attend and contribute to the regular trust-wide dietetic team meetings.
- To facilitate psycho-educational groups to adults with eating disorders.
- To work in collaboration with other eating disorder service dietitians to ensure consistent practice across the service.
- Together with the clinical supervisor, monitor the overall standard of services given to patients in case load and take appropriate action to manage case load and demand for services offered effectively and efficiently.