Generic CAMHS Psychologist
CAMHS Professionals are currently seeking a band 7 Clinical Psychologist with excellent interpersonal skills, to join our fantastic NHS client’s CAMHS team based in East London. This vacancy is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours for an ongoing duration. The client will also consider a Counselling Psychologist for this position.
About the position:
The appointed Clinical Psychologist would work within a generic CAMHS team, providing assessments and therapy to children with mild to moderate mental health issues. The successful psychologist would work within a multi-disciplinary team alongside Occupational Therapists, CBT Therapists, Psychiatrists and Registered Mental Health nurses. The Clinical Psychologist in post will also work closely with non-psychological professionals, advising on best psychological care.
- Hold a doctorate in either Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- HCPC Registered
- The right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience of working with Children and Young People
- Providing assessments and therapy to children with mild to moderate mental health issues
- To co-ordinate the provision of specialist psychological approaches and provide specialist advice and training to other professions
- To provide specialist interventions to formulations based on conceptual framework, NICE guidelines, evidence from research and wider MDT formulation and interventions
- Working closely with young people to empower and support their recovery journey
- Advocating for young people using the services
- Working closely with external partners including Community based services, social services and other healthcare agencies