Occupational Therapist – Band 5, 6 and 7
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for Acute & Community Occupational Therapists on a locum or permanent basis.
About the position:
We have a variety of positions whereby you will have an opportunity to work within the NHS, Council or Private sectors.
This role includes assessing patients, treating a variety of conditions such as:
- A&E, Medical, Surgical, Respiratory, Ortho or Neurological (stroke, MS, Parkinson's)
- Cardiovascular (chronic heart disease, rehabilitation after heart attack)
- Once a patient’s movement problem has been diagnosed, you'll work with them to determine a treatment plan. You'll also promote good health and advise people on how to avoid injury
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experience: 1+ years working as a Occupational Therapist with Elderly, Adults, Adolescents or Children
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, and HCPC registration
- Travel: Ability to commute to/from work. Clean UK driving license preferred.
- Whether you're working with the elderly, children, people with mental ill health or living with a disability - will dictate your specific activities
- The assessment, planning and delivery of care to discharge from services
- Implementing and evaluating care plans collaboratively with service users, carers and other MDT professionals, providing individualised care
- Working closely with people to empower and support their recovery journey.
- Supporting the development of a safe, therapeutic inpatient environments.
- You may work alone, or as part of a team, and you’ll have plenty of choice when it comes to places to work including the NHS, Council or Private Hospital/Clinic settings
- In the NHS, you're needed in nearly every hospital department such as outpatients, elderly care, paediatrics
- You can work in a variety of settings such as hospitals, community facilities, schools and clients' own homes.