Speech And Language Therapist
CAMHS Professionals are currently recruiting for a Speech and Language Therapist to work in an ‘Outstanding’ SEN school based in London.
About the position:
You will be delivering bespoke assessment and intervention plans for children and young people with a range of needs such as Autism, ADHD, Developmental Trauma and SEMH needs.
You will be working alongside the clinical team and holding responsibility for the caseloads at the school.
The role is a challenging and rewarding role and the appropriate candidate should be a resilient and passionate individual with a therapeutic approach.
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services within the designated speciality preferred. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work independently
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure pupil's needs are met
- Assess the pupils, record and review
- Delivering intervention plans
- Reporting back to parents about pupil's development and any changes
- Maintain a loving and nurturing environment where the children can flourish